Ron, No go with the one shot initial update - same as described above.
Here's what I did to get it to update:
1) With tuner plugged into USB port I opened Device Manager and Uninstalled the drivers.
2) Unplugged the USB cable
3) Removed Easy Updater through Add/Remove Programs
4) Deleted C:/Program Files/Superchips directory tree (DAQ for WinXP was left behind)
5) Rebooted PC
6) Ran Registry Booster to remove any references to Superchips Easy Updater
7) Downloaded Easy Updater from SC web site
Installed Easy Updater
9) When started, it downloaded two files
10) Started Easy Updater and plugged in my tuner (3875)
The 3875 updated to DB 547 without issues. However, when I plugged in my 3865 it had the same issue I described in my first post. That is, the Easy Updater software told me my 3865 was up to date BUT it still only had DB 542.
To test, I performed steps 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 above and my 3865 updated to DB 547.
Hypothesis: Subsequent uses of Easy Updater software has a problem reading tuner info and correlating that information to SC's server current release.
P.S. I just saw a post on Dodgetalk with the same problem. Scott replied that he'll look into it. Please touch base with Scott.
P.P.S. Did you get my e-mail from 01/11/2012 about this issue?
It is not until you understand what you do not know that the learning process starts. ~ me
3865 SN: 1495208
3875 SN: 1499193