THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND COMPONENTS IN THE EVENT OF A FAILURE OF THE SUPERCHIPS CORTEX PROGRAMMER (“SCP”) (hereafter “Covered Components”):
A. ENGINE – The following internally lubricated parts of the engine, specifically, pistons, piston pins, fuel injectors, turbo, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain, timing chain gears, intake and exhaust valves, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, valve/lash adjusters, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts and valve stem seals. The engine block and cylinder heads are also covered if the components listed above caused a covered mechanical failure. This Limited Warranty only covers the OEM turbo charger(s) installed on diesel truck engines and the OEM turbo charger(s) and superchargers in gas vehicles. Seal and gasket replacement is covered only for a covered repair or replacement of covered component(s).
B. TRANSMISSION – The following internally lubricated parts of the manual or automatic transmission, specifically, torque converter, oil pump, governor, bands, drums, planetaries, sun gear and shell, sprag(s), shaft(s), bearings, shift rail, forks, and synchronizers. Seal and gasket replacement is covered only for a covered repair or replacement of covered component(s).
2. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS: This Limited Warranty does not include any part that is not part of the long block assembly. Parts that require normal manufacturer’s recommended replacement intervals are not covered under this Limited Warranty. Damage resulting from failures by related parts or units such as (but not limited to) include levers, control, linkage, cables, radiator, coolers, rubber mounts, external oil lines, electronic components internal or external to the engine or transmission are not covered. Transfer cases are not covered items. This Limited Warranty does not cover external engine parts, ignition parts, fuel system parts, and engine management parts.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND TERM: Once your CUSTOMER LIMITED WARRANTY REGISTRATION FORM (“Registration”) has been reviewed and approved, Superchips (“Company” or “We” or “Our”), will warrant to the Registered Owner (“You or “Your” or “Owner”) of the vehicle (“Vehicle”) identified in the Registration in which the SCP (“Chip”) listed in the Registration is installed, so long as the Vehicle is not a corporate fleet vehicle or prepared or used for racing or other competitive events, that the Covered Components will be repaired or replaced when damage is caused directly from the proper use of the SCP for the Limited Warranty Term. Odometers must be fully functional at all time during the Limited Warranty period. Once registered, the Limited Warranty Term begins on the purchase date (“Purchase Date”) for a term of two years, vehicle odometer not to exceed 100,000 miles at time of purchase or during the Term of this agreement, whichever occurs first. The Limited Warranty must be registered to become effective. Benefits are payable once the required information and the repair order are received and subsequently approved by the Company,. The Limited Warranty then shall be in force for two years, or 100,000 miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever occurs first.
Cortex Warranty Dept.
1790 East Airport Blvd.
Sanford, Fl 32773
4. COVERAGE LIMITS: $5,000 for ENGINE; $3,000 for TRANSMISSION: $8,000 AGGREGATE LIMIT: In the event of a failure of a Covered Component caused by Chip, We will repair or replace the defective Covered Component(s), including the replacement of all lost fluids. The limit of liability for the Vehicle is $5,000 for the engine, $3,000 for the transmission, and with an aggregate maximum liability and policy limit of $8,000. After We have paid the full policy limit of the Limited Warranty, the Limited Warranty will lapse and no further coverage exists. If a claim exceeds the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle and We elect to pay the actual cash value (ACV) to You, the Vehicle becomes Our property for salvage. You must provide the Vehicle, with free and clear title to the Company before it will pay You the actual cash value (ACV). Our obligation under this Limited Warranty shall be to replace covered components with new or re-manufactured parts, as shall be necessary to remedy covered defects. Company reserves the right to improve the design of any components without assuming any obligation to modify any part previously manufactured or installed on the Vehicle.
5. EXCLUSIONS: This Limited Warranty only applies to defects in material and workmanship. In addition to other terms and conditions that are set forth in the (*, the following EXCLUSIONS are made to this Limited Warranty. Existence of an EXCLUSION means this Limited Warranty is VOID and cannot be enforced by the Owner:
A. EXCLUDED CAUSES OF DAMAGES AND/OR CONDITIONS:
i. Damages to the Covered Components caused by neglect, abuse, lack of proper maintenance, collision, abnormal operation or improper installation of the Chip
ii. Damages to the Covered Components caused by operation of the engine without fuels, oils or lubricants, or with fuels or lubricants that are contaminated or not suitable for the engine or transmission
iii. Damages caused by blown head gaskets, fluid leaks, cracked heads or block, overheating or other engine failures caused by the lack of fluids or improper maintenance.
iv. Damages caused by excess oil consumption and/or worn out parts.
v. Damages to the Covered Components caused by towing an improper load capacity or continued operation of an impaired vehicle.
vi. Damage to the engine caused by collision, misuse, road conditions, negligence, alterations, racing, fires, floods, riots, vandalism, theft, or acts of God.
B. EXCLUDED USES WHICH CAUSE THIS LIMITED WARRANTY TO BE VOID:
i. Use of the vehicle for delivery services or in the commission of a crime or infraction
ii. Installation or use of headers, pulley (ies), camshaft, bolt-on performance enhancement parts, or nitrous oxide systems on the vehicle. This exclusion does not apply to cold-air intake systems or cat-back exhaust systems.
iii. The participation in or the preparation of the Vehicle, for racing or other competitive events/activities.
iv. The modification of the Chip component.
v. Covered Components that have been tampered with or altered after the original installation. All risk of such damages caused by alterations and tampering are solely with You.
vi. Damages caused by continued operation of an impaired vehicle and Covered Components driven to destruction. It is Your sole responsibility to use all necessary precautions to protect the Vehicle from further damage if the Vehicle’s operation is impaired. Continued operation of an impaired Vehicle after any mechanical failure, constitutes failure to protect the Vehicle from further damage and is negligence by the Owner or driver of the Vehicle, thereby voiding this Limited Warranty
6. EXCEPTIONS AND ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS:
A. We are only responsible for Covered Components on this vehicle if the Registered Owner is accurately identified in the registration (* for this Limited Warranty. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND TERMINATES UPON CONVEYANCE OF TITLE TO OR TRANSFER OF PHYSICAL POSSESSION OF, THE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.
B. If there has been any fraud, misrepresentation, material omission or other incorrect or misleading disclosure, or failure to disclose, a material fact, then the Company has the right to void the Limited Warranty and exclude certain coverage, in its sole discretion due to that fact.
C. If this Limited Warranty is voided or coverage excluded by reason of Your action or inaction that occurred after the Limited Warranty was activated, then You are not entitled to any refund or other consideration of payment.
D. This is not a performance warranty. All vehicles have their own differences, and all drivers are different. Diminished performance is not a covered component or the basis for a claim under this Limited Warranty.
E. This Limited Warranty does not cover damages from Your loss of use of the Vehicle, loss of earnings, personal damages, per diem expenses or any other consequential or incidental damages. Storage, medical, rental and phone charges of any kind are not covered.
F. This Limited Warranty is secondary to the primary OEM Manufacturer’s Warranty or any other extended service contract associated with Vehicle
G. All express and implied warranties of merchantability of fitness are excluded from this Limited Warranty. The Maximum term of any and all implied warranties that may exist extend for only the life of the express Limited Warranty provided herein.
7. MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS – You must properly maintain the Vehicle. It is Your responsibility to have the engine oil and filter changed pursuant to the original vehicle manufacturer’s requirements. You MUST retain properly (* and verifiable receipts or records and make those available in the event of a Limited Warranty covered claim. Presentation of other maintenance and service receipts and invoices may be required in the event of a Limited Warranty claim. Unverifiable records will not be accepted.
8. CLAIM PROCEDURE – In the event of a failure of a Covered Component, You must do the following:
A. Notify Superchips IMMEDIATELY at 407-585-7000 for an issue tracking number.
B. Have all required (* prepared to submit to the Company. Specifically, copies of Your Registration, proof of product purchase, proof of Vehicle maintenance records (as outlined In Line 7 Maintenance Requirements) and (* of the failure of a Covered Component.
C. You must use, and agree to authorize, a Superchips approved Repair Facility to tear down the Vehicle so that inspection of the Covered Component may be completed. This MUST be done prior to any authorization of repair or replacement of the Covered Component by the Company. You will be solely liable, and agree to pay the costs of tear down if the damages are not covered under the Limited Warranty.
D. Reasonable access must be provided to the Vehicle for inspection purposes by the Company.
E. If we need any of the Covered Components inspected, then You must pay for all related transportation Charges and/or travel time. Any parts shipped by You for inspection or repair MUST be shipped with freight pre-paid.
F. All repairs and work shall be done and covered up to the maximum of our liability, and at our approved labor rate. Failure to receive authorization from the Company prior to ANY repair work will invalidate this Limited Warranty.
G. You may not rely on representations orally, written, or otherwise, of anyone with respect to the nature and extent of the coverage under this Limited Warranty and must rely only on the terms and conditions herein. No employee or representative of Company has the right or power to change or waive any of the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, other than by joint written agreement of presidents of both Company and Insurer.
Email me directly if your having ANY trouble with the forum.
Not able to LOGIN, email me with your Username that you registered with.