Powerteq Business Development Manager
The Powerteq Business Development Manager (BDM) is primarily responsible for the initial qualification involving new and/or emerging business opportunities in the automotive aftermarket or transportation industry.
BDM works with the Powerteq Sales & Marketing and Research & Development extended teams as well as customer/prospect executives to quickly determine the potential for an opportunity and the initial plan for capitalizing on the opportunity.
BDM drives new business development revenue opportunities through penetrating the aftermarket industry with, for example, performance/economy tuning, infotainment, and diagnostics telemetry services & solutions. BDM is responsible for creating and building relationships that will result in additional revenue opportunity within the geography or enterprise. BDM is acknowledged as an expert in identifying and building discipline/specialty offerings/solutions in the automotive aftermarket or transportation industry.
BDM uses various MSD Performance Group tools and metrics and financial analysis techniques in the opportunity qualification and assessment process. BDM has mastery of traditional business strategies, organization and processes and is acknowledged by peers as an expert and leader in the automotive industry.
BDM defines key partners for sales planning and growth initiatives with focus on efforts for net new business through partners into the automotive aftermarket community
BDM acts as a mentor to less experienced professionals within and outside the profession. BDM exhibits entrepreneurial behavior with customers/prospects to instill confidence that Powerteq is committed to building solid relationships in the automotive aftermarket industry.
BDM invests Powerteq resources to ensure coverage and penetration for new opportunities. BDM leads multifunctional teams to develop and close the most complex, leading-edge, high-reward opportunities, planning and leading negotiations with all levels of customer/prospect management, including senior executive management.
The BDM role may transition from initial qualification to operational P&L oversight as a Strategic Business Unit Manager (SBU) if/when the product and/or service successfully enters the market.
· Develop, manage and execute project plans
· Define and own project management documents and report progress against plan
· Ensure project goals and objectives are achieved on time and on budget
· Provide feedback to management team on key success factors, sales inhibitors and strategies to overcome obstacles
· At least 5 years’ experience in automotive aftermarket or Commercial/Fleet services – ideally in Marketing or Business Development role
· Proven success driving cross functional teams
· Proven “C-Level” presentation experience in a consultative, solution oriented environment
· A credible level of technology, systems, and outsourcing knowledge.
· Stays abreast of changes/updates in the competitive environment.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Contract negotiation skills and experience
· Knowledge of corporate decision making processes
· Creative problem solving skills
· BS/BA Degree, MBA preferred
· Readiness to travel
· Motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter is a must
· Ability to take existing company resources and create a new, profitable business unit
- Develop maintainable, modular, documented software in C# .Net Winforms and WPF possibly including:
- Internet update client and server for all company products including advanced features for configuring, purchasing additional functionality and possibly future social networking features.
- Internal tools to manage, convert, and automatically configure and process vehicle binary calibration data.
- Calibration tool that is used to log and display streaming sensor data from custom hardware that interfaces with a vehicle.
- Calibration tool that displays and edits calibration data in table format as well as 2D and 3D plots.
- Internal customer service and production workflow tool to track products and customer interactions.
- Production tools for programming and configuring all company products.
- Maintain and expand existing software written in C++ and C#.
- Work with Engineering & Marketing to develop product specifications to meet market needs. Explore trade-offs between product capability, cost & development effort.
- Proficient in MS Visual C#, .NET, and WPF .
- Proficient with database schema design, SQL, and Webservices.
- C/C++ and MFC experience a plus.
- Proactive and able to champion design vision.
- Able and willing to work autonomously and without direct supervision.
- A passion for automotive performance is a plus.
- BS or MS in core engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- Legally entitled to work in the U.S.
- Competitive salary for given education and experience.
- A friendly environment where people are empowered, trusted, and given opportunity for growth.
- Automotive lift available for use
- Lunch every Friday
- 4% matching 401k (eligible after 1 year)
- Very competitive Health and Dental
- 10 holidays + 3 weeks paid time off
- Life insurance
Powerteq was formed in 2011 through the strategic integration of Edge Products and Superchips. Poweteq is wholly owned by MSD Performance Group. Powerteq designs, manufactures, and sells aftermarket performance-enhancing powertrain products for late-model cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles under the Edge and Superchips retail brands. The combined product offerings and strengths of Edge and Superchips allow Powerteq to remain the undisputed leader in the street-legal performance tuning category. Powerteq corporate headquarters is located north of Salt Lake City in Ogden, Utah. Powerteq also operates an east coast office near Orlando in Sanford, Florida. Powerteq employs over 130 dedicated team members sharing their passion for automotive performance and business excellence.